One of the biggest and most common headaches of carrying all our important files in digital media is the possibility of losing them. To ensure that Windows OS have enough space, users need to remove some files from time to time such as photos, videos etc. However, when users find that some of their important files or folders are deleted accidentally then, they end up with a common query i.e., how to recover permanently deleted photos from Windows 10/8/7? In order to help users regarding the same, we have come up with this write-up. Here, we are going to present users with multiple effective solutions to recover them.
Option 1. Recover Deleted Photos from Windows Recycle Bin
When an image file gets deleted through Windows Explorer or any other file manager, Operating Systems uses an intermediate step, the recycle bin, before completely deleting it. This is a special holding area, which provides a second chance to recover the data before removing it permanently. Restored photos can be accessed from its original folder along with all attributes. In order to restore deleted photos from the Recycle Bin follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Recycle Bin folder
- Locate and highlight whichever photos you need to restore
- Hit a right-click on the selection and click Restore
After this, Recycle Bin will restore the deleted images to their original locations.
Deleted photos will be stored in the Recycle Bin folder until one of two situations occurs:
A user empties the system trash to free up storage space from hard disk
Recycle Bin uses a limited storage space to store the normally deleted data. When space exceeds its maximum size limit, the old files are simply overwritten with the newer ones over the existing information.
So, it is very simple to recover normally deleted photos. But, this method is not applicable to recover shift/ permanently deleted image files. If you are not getting the deleted images in Recycle Bin folder or if you have emptied your Recycle Bin then, keep reading this article.
Option 2. Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Windows 10, 8, 7
As the process of deleting files is slightly tedious, especially when it comes to deleting a large number of image files. In such cases, users permanently delete files even without moving them to Recycle Bin. In addition, many computer users prefer to use ‘Shift+Delete’ keys to remove files from the system and some are used to empty the Recycle Bin on regular basis. Hence, the recovery of permanently deleted photos from Windows OS becomes more complicated.
However, with SysTools Windows Data Recovery Software, it is possible to recover permanently or shift deleted photos from Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP. The software is designed in such manner that it allows recovering formatted as well as corrupted Windows image files (.bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .eps, RAW image files) from Windows MBR and GPT Partitions. It supports photos recovery from FAT and NTFS file format. Apart from images, the tool supports the recovery of all data items such as videos, audio, docs etc. The software is highly programmed so that it retains the folder structure as original and ensures the data recovery from each and every folder available in the Windows disk. It allows to perform selective data recovery as users can check/uncheck the image files they want to restore and then, the files will be archived without affecting the existing images either irrespective of layout, content or any other property.
Steps to Recover Permanently Deleted Image Files from Windows 10, 8, 7
- Launch SysTools Windows Data Recovery Tool and you will get two scanning options: Scan and Formatted Scan
- Choose the partition from which photos get deleted and hit the Scan button
- Once the scan process gets completed, the tool will display all folders in the left panel and Bold the folders the contains data
- You can expand any bold folder and the software view all the data items of that folder. Also, it will highlight recovered permanently deleted data in red color.
- Using its Search option you can search for desired files. For this, just click On, and search files on the basis of Created, Modified and Last Access.
- Select image and other files that you want to recover and click on Save
- In order to export all files, directly click on Save and choose a destination location for the output file. Click OK.
- After completing the recovery process, you will get ‘Export process completed successfully’ pop-up. Click OK.
- Now, you can simply access the recovered images from the saved location
Note: – All the digital content of a Windows OS such as photos, audio, video, application preferences etc., gets saved in its hard drive and it can be both external or internal. Windows Data Recovery Tool is also capable enough to recover deleted, lost or corrupted data from all type of hard drives even without any data loss. So, now it becomes quite easy to recover permanently deleted photos from Windows 10, 8, 7 etc.
Deleting files from Windows OS is the fastest and easiest way to release storage space. Therefore, several computer users delete unnecessary files from their system and when they realized they want deleted files back anyhow then, they search for how to recover permanently deleted photos from Windows 10, 8,7. In this technical guide, we have disclosed some simple workarounds to resolve this issue in a simple manner. Now, users can opt any discussed solution according to their deletion case. And easily retrieve shift deleted photos from Windows OS.